Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mayflower APC (Read 2080 times)
Whitelighting6633
YaBB Newbies

Geardos of the World Unite!

Mayflower APC
Oct 6th, 2011 at 9:26pm

Has anyone tried out the Assault Plate Carrier made by Mayflower Research and Consulting.  I am looking for a new assault plate carrier, with the intention of streamlining as much as possible without compromising load carrying capacity. 

My theory or plan in the future, as of now pending input this product is legit and worthwhile, is to get one medium with medium cummberbunds, shoulder pads as well, and 3 M4 Shingles for the front pocket as well as the each individual cummerbund.  Therefore sleekly holding 9 mags, probably pmags with the extended Magpul floorplate.  Because I'm a right handed shooter either 1.) loading an MBITR in one of the front M4 mag shingles located in the cummerbund or possibly putting it on the outside.  Lastly, if I decide to mount the MBITR in the cummerbund I would most likely put 3 9mil pouches (unsure of what kind whether it be ITW fastmag pistol or traditional pouch (input on this subject would be appreciated as well) on the left cummerbund and possibly a vertically mounted straight blade (kydex sheath) on the left front (as your looking at the apc) with a ITW fast mag in the middle and possibly 2-3 extra 9 mil pouches. 

Mounted through Molle webbing on the back would be some form of hydration bladder carrier (Ideas are good for this as well) with the hose coming throughout the right shoulder pad secure with Velcro straps.  That's all that I can think of ATM besides necessities like Chem lights in the admin pouch zip ties throughr the left side shoulder and Molle etc.

That's just what I have come up with through adequate amount of time brainstorming.  If anyone has any good reviews or suggestions to anything I've written please feel free to post away. 

Almost forgot...Velocity Systems Plates and backers.  Therefore at the end i have nothing on the outside of the plate other than possibly one m4 mag a few m9 mags and possibly a knife.  Might just use knife mouted onto fast mag, I requested pics will explain what words might confuse.  So again streamlined is the key.

IP Logged

polarticus
Ex Member

Re: Mayflower APC
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 1:25pm

Grin I've got a package from velocity systems coming in the mail tomorrow so I can post pics. It's the low pro assault armor carrier but it's very close.

Only thing I could suggest is staying with 6-7 magazines. I have never had to use more than that in a firefight.

mayflower/velocity are good people.

IP Logged

Bravo-One-Six
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 11:24pm

What's your intended purpose for this rig? To be honest, it sounds like you just want to slap magazines on it and go rambo, which the APC is not designed for. I have one and love it, but understand the APC is designed for a specific need.

IP Logged

nswguy
YaBB Newbies

Geardos of the World Unite!

Reply #3 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 7:33am

I have an APC and can say it is one of my favorite rigs I have owned. Extremely comfortable and light with a lot of built in features that normally require another pouch to get on other PCs. I ran a 3 mag insert in the front cummerbund and a TAG 3 mag shingle on the front with a TAG MBITR on the right and a SDS medic pouch on the left. I have a ATS hydration carrier and love the design but have not been able to find my model anywhere. It's the same as the standard ATS hydro carrier but its only 6 rows of MOLLE long so it fits perfectly on the APC.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print